Monday, March 7, 2011

Pork and Apples

So, here's the deal, I didn't get a chance to go to one of the food trailers from my list this week (boo, I know), so I have decided to post a recipe instead.  I got a slow cooker cookbook a few weeks ago and have been making a bunch of dinners from it.  This is the only one that Matt has requested again.  It's so ridiculousy easy that I'm not even going to bother with writing up the real recipe with measurements and such.

Step 1- Get some pork.  I used thin cut boneless chops.  Season your pork with salt and pepper (I also sprinkled on some Luigi's Magic Spice because that stuff is like crack and I'm addicted).

Step 2- Cut up some apples.  Layer the pork in the crock pot and cover with sliced apples.  I used two apples per layer and I did not overlap the pork.

Step 3- Sprinkle about a tablespoon or two of sugar over the apples.  Repeat the layers with as much pork as you have.

Here is the super hard part; turn the crock pot on and walk away.  Don't stir!  I know, I told you it was very difficult. Six to eight hours later you have delicious and tasty pork!



I am realizing that my photography isn't that great, so you will have to bear with me as I try and get better.  On a side note, our friend Andy is coming in on Wednesday!  Yay for visitors!  I am already thinking about all the food we need to eat and the places we need to go.  I hope he doesn't mind me taking pictures of his food :)


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm going to try this for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it turns out as well for you as it did for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delicious.I'll be making this one this coming week.I followed you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this pork chop widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about pork chop recipes,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete